Oh man, I was a nervous wreck this morning. On Monday, the IVF nurse called me at 9:55am (I checked the call log on my cell phone) to give me our initial results. So, by 10:00am today, my heart was racing, couldn't concentrate, etc. I was trying to be reassuring to my poor brain that the call on Monday was rather early and not to expect today's call to come so soon.
Today's call came at 10:50. So, again I really didn't have to wait all that long. During our first round of IVF, I remember that the call the day of the second beta didn't come until about 12:30pm. I was sure it was bad news. I figured the person making the calls would certainly call those with good news first and save the bad for last, thus the late call. I was wrong. :)
So, beta #2 is 1091, which is a doubling time of just less than 43 hours. Whew. I'm relieved to be past this one. The next test isn't for a whole week, though. There's just so. much. waiting.
On the other hand...some symptoms: Hungry, hungry hippo, that's me. All the time. I have been eating something just before bed, and I still wake up in the middle of the night starving. I need to put a little something beside the bed. A little nausea here and there, but I think it may be more related to the cough/head cold that is lingering. Still having serious insomnia. And now I wake up about 45 minutes after I've gone to sleep...weird. And then again between 2am-4am. Blech. Starting to notice a little more bloating in the evening. What a wonderful thing that is. Please note the sarcasm.
So thankful for God's faithfulness to us. I know that regardless of the outcome, He is constant. Thankful to for all those who are once again praying us through this process. Not sure what we do without that!
No comments:
Post a Comment