So, the trigger shot is in! Our retrieval is scheduled for 11:15 on Monday, which meant the trigger shot had to be given at 11:15pm on Saturday (about 5 minutes ago/36 hours prior to retrieval). I took my last Cetrotide shot earlier this evening (at our friends' house, since we were there for the K-State game...always fun to do that elsewhere). That was the final shot that I will give myself. From here on (including tonight's trigger shot), Phil is responsible for shots in my hip.
Just like that we are through with the first phase.
Today was stressful. Or stress FULL. I didn't receive my retrieval instructions from the clinic. I waited until 3:30 and then broke down and called the IVF nurse. It's a good thing I did, because they should have arrived in my inbox hours ago. And we HAD to have the time for the retrieval shot. So, she re-sent them when she got home. Stress relieved.
Then, I looked at the needles sent for the trigger and I was pretty sure they were much larger than what I used last time. Another call to the nurse. She gave me permission to use the progesterone needle instead. Whew. It's amazing what a difference a half inch makes when you're talking about needles.
So tired. Time for bed. So thankful for a day at home today after so many Saturdays away. Thankful that as we look at the coming weeks there will be more Saturdays at home, too. Finally, thankful that the Cats pulled out a win tonight and will fall asleep tonight hoping for an Oregon upset. But mostly thankful for Jesus, who reigns on the throne and is our only hope.
2 comments:
good luck today! did you realize that i live in wichita too? :) not sure which clinic you use, i'm with grainger, having some tests done there for my husband this afternoon. anyway, crazy small world, i couldn't believe it when i saw you were in wichita too!
again, best of luck today!!
and i didn't read this to the end, i'm a wildcat too. alum. you're in good blogging company!
Post a Comment