I have been so overwhelmed by our good report that I've been putting off posting it on here. But, I want to remember, so here it goes.
On Tuesday at 11:00am we got an email saying that first, all 20 eggs were mature. What the what? Last time 2 of 6 were mature. How could I have 20 mature eggs when at the last sonogram, they only measured 15. Whoa. Second, 19 of the 20 fertilized. Reading that, I started freak.ing.out. Then I called Phil and he started freaking out too (and he doesn't freak out all that easily). See, before the retrieval we had asked the doctor about some options for fertilizing some via ICSI and some via standard. But, he assured us that we were not looking at a big enough number of eggs for that. He said, "Now if we were talking about 20 eggs..." Ha ha ha. So, he certainly didn't expect that kind of number and even if that many were retrieved, what a small chance that they would all be mature.
Anyway, at that point, we couldn't exactly un-fertilize any of them. At that point, all we could do was trust that God was in control. We believed He had led us through the decision-making process and He knew this would be the result. And if He wants us to be the next Duggar family, so be it. JUST KIDDING.
So, the last couple of days, we haven't received a report that includes any kind of numbers, so we don't know how many are still growing. We did get a report on Wednesday saying that they were growing well and multiple were of good to excellent quality, so the IVF lab was recommending a 5-day transfer. Woohoo.
Yesterday, all we got were the instructions for transfer.
So, tomorrow it is. 10:00am. At that point, I assume we'll get some info on how all those embryos are doing. And, we will be seeing my doctor, so we will see what he recommends as far as how many we plan to transfer. I'm thinking one. And, I think if the quality is still good, that's all he'll recommend. If the quality has diminished, then I suppose we would consider transferring two.
The remaining embryos we will freeze and transfer in the future. I'm kind of anxious to know how they're doing. And so thankful that the transfer is on a Saturday. I asked my group to pray that the retrieval wouldn't fall on a work day (and it didn't...I had Veteran's Day off), and now the transfer is falling on the weekend as well. Thank you, God. I remember when I was so frustrated by the timing of this cycle of IVF, especially that I was having to wait so long to start. But, it has all worked out so perfectly. I obviously didn't know what was best.
No comments:
Post a Comment