Monday, November 05, 2012

Keeping Better Track - Day 5

Today we are 10 sticks in.  8 shots, 2 blood draws.  Ten is plenty when you're talking about needles, but we are just getting started. 

I wish I had made notes the last time, so that I know how this cycle compares. 

Had my first blood draw on Saturday.  Estradiol was 284.  The nurse said that's actually twice what it was on Day 3 last time.  We'll see what that means in the coming days.

Had my second blood draw this morning (Day 5).  No results yet.  Had first screening sono as well.  The nurse measured 6-7 follicles on one side and 4-5 on the other. (How she knows that each of those are unique, I have no idea...I would have guessed there were about 3).  The largest was 11 (I don't know the unit of measurement).  If I am remembering right, I think this is a better response than last time.  But, honestly, I don't really recall.  Hopefully, the nurse will compare and let me know. 

The shots are going fine.  I have been waking up with a headache each morning, which is definitely different from last time.  It's not bad, just lingering and not my favorite first thing in the morning.

Still having some acid reflux symptoms and have a sick kiddo.  That's contributing more stress to life right now than the IVF is.  And, it's his birthday.  Poor kid! 

No comments: