Saturday, November 24, 2012

Symptoms or Side Effects?

When a person is on progesterone, it tends to mimic pregnancy symptoms, so it's always a mystery...Is what I'm feeling a result of being pregnant or just the side effects of progesterone?  Only time will tell.

Right now, I have two predominant ones:
1. Headaches - every day, pretty much all day, but worse in the evening.  I did not have this at all last time.  And, I'm not wanting to take any pain medicine if I can help it.  The headaches aren't horrible, but they are uncomfortable.

2. Insomnia - oh my word.  I don't remember much of this from last time either.  I remember having to get up in the night to use the bathroom a few days before my first blood draw (which was not normal for me and was really the first clue that perhaps I was wrong and it had worked after all).  But, this is different.  Every night I wake up between 2am and 5am, and I can't go back to sleep.  It's not at all unusual for me to be awake for at least an hour.  And, while I usually do end up going to the bathroom, that is not what's waking me.

Two more days until our first blood test and we'll at least know if these could possible by symptoms rather than side effects!

No comments: