Monday, December 03, 2012

Beta #3

So, I've realized this week that when I get a little stressed about this process, I don't want to blog or process, at least in written form.  I just want to fret.  And I'm really good at it.  A good friend shared the other day that she's been struggling with choosing worry over trust.  That statement has really resonated with me.  Worry is my default.  It feels like it is involuntary.  On the other hand, trust is a hard decision.  I really want to get to the place where trust is my default instead. 

So, our third (and final) beta was done a few days earlier than planned, because my thyroid levels came back on the high side of normal last week.  So, they wanted to repeat that test again today. 

Beta was 4885.  High enough.  (But not quite as high as I was hoping for.  It's a doubling time of 55 hours).

Thyroid is still a little high, but the doctor wants to wait and talk to me about it next week when we go for our first sonogram.  Yay.  The sonogram is now just one week away. 

I feel like most of this process is spent waiting.  How can I be useful while I'm waiting?  I need to use the time to do some Christmas shopping, planning, decorating, etc.  Hopefully, that will help occupy my mind in the midst of this. 

No comments: