I'm not doing a very good job of keeping track of things on here.
Let's talk about the second sonogram. It was on Monday, December 17th. I wasn't nearly as anxious leading up to this appointment. I'd actually felt pretty nauseated off and on since the last one. Our appointment was at 8:15, so we saw the doctor right away. And, he took a lot more time during the sonogram this time. Also, Phil recorded the whole thing on his phone, so now we can go back and see it again if we want.
Still two babies. Still two heartbeats. Baby A measured 7w0d and had a heartrate of 125bpm. And Baby B (hard to find again and hard to measure) measured 6w5d with a heartrate of 128bpm. The doctor said everything continues to look very normal.
Immediately following the appointment, I found myself gripped with anxiety again. I think it largely has to do with the fact that we lost the last baby between the 2nd and 3rd sonogram. And, I have to wait 2 weeks and 2 days before our next one. It was much easier when the wait was only a week. The good news (I guess) is that our next sonogram will be just past when our first baby stopped growing. So, it will be good to get past that milestone.
I often have to remind myself that we are not guaranteed a negative outcome. I think after 10 years of trying, it's just so hard to imagine a positive one. Instead I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop (by the way, I have no idea what that expression actually means). So, I try to remember that we could indeed end up with two healthy babies from this experience. And, that's exciting. (Although I'm still not really processing what it would mean to have two. Ha.)
As far as symptoms go, I wish they were stronger, honestly. The more symptoms I feel, the more confidence. But they continue to ebb and flow. Breast tenderness most of the time, but somedays not at all...those days freak me out. Some nausea, but nothing at all debilitating. Fatigue yes, but it's hard to remember what's normal. Bloating...a LOT at night. And it's getting hard to find food that sounds good. That's pretty much it. Oh, and I do get up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom. That's starting to feel normal as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment