Ever wake up in a funk? That's me today. And, it's not a good day for a funk.
Maybe if I flesh out the reasons for my bad attitude, I can knock myself out of it.
Contributing factors -
--Painful breakouts thanks to the supplements I'm taking (or at least that's what I'm blaming the breakouts on)
--Cold, windy morning...I was cold walking in to work, wishing I had my jacket and not just a light sweater. It made the walk from the parking garage feel much longer than it should have and made me frustrated with what I chose to wear today (which already isn't my favorite).
--And the air conditioner just keeps running at work. This place is freezing.
--I'm just plain tired. Spent most of yesterday evening at the hair stylist, so I didn't get a thing done at home and just wasn't ready for a new day.
--Today is Phil's birthday. I didn't get a treat made for him to take to group or to work. And to top it off, I don't have his dessert made for tonight...and it takes a long while to bake and then chill, so it's not something I can just whip up before dinner. I'm feeling a little discouraged. Add to that the fact that I haven't taken C to get him a gift or a card. Blah...Feel like a crummy wife.
Okay, let's turn this ship around. What are some things I can be grateful for?
--All the grey in my hair is covered up again for the time being (I do not love the process of getting my hair done, but I sure enjoy the results).
--It feels like fall!
--It's Phil's birthday, a day to celebrate.
--It's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday, a perfect day to have friends over, make chili and watch football.
--I get Monday off for Columbus Day! I am so looking forward to the three-day weekend.
--My kiddo has plans on Friday night, so my husband and I can have a date...or go to bed early.
--Even though I've kind of bombed the actual birthday, my husband and I are both very excited about his gift, tickets to the K-State/West Virginia game in Morgantown in a couple weeks.
--I'm thankful that I have clothes to wear, the luxury of getting my hair cut/colored, a comfortable bed to sleep in, and a husband who is more than understanding about the lack of birthday treats.
Now, if I could just catch a little nap...
No comments:
Post a Comment