Last week, we went to Hobby Lobby one evening to run a quick errand. After we found the items we were looking for, I needed to run to the restroom (of course), so Phil & CJ went to pull the car up to the entrance while I waddled to the opposite corner of the store (again, of course) to the restroom. On my way, I met another customer in the aisle. She looked at me and my belly and said "Oh My!" I think she may have been worried that I would deliver right there in Hobby Lobby. I wish I could communicate her tone in writing...needless to say, it didn't exactly make me feel good about myself.
Time for another update, so that I remember a few of the details...
How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain: 37 pounds
Maternity clothes? Of course. Only a few of my shirts actually still fit and are long enough to cover my belly. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing in a couple weeks.
Stretch marks? Same as last time, I think I have one. I can't believe there aren't more.
Sleep: It depends on the night. Most nights I'm up about every 2 hours for the bathroom. And it's just so hard to get comfortable now. I have tried sleeping in a recliner, which, again, works for a couple hours. And I've definitely become more attached to my pregnancy pillow in bed. But, I am so stinkin' hot at night. And, recently, when I wake up at 4/5/6, I often can't go back to sleep. So, I'm up for an hour or two and then might try to lay back down.
Best moment this week: My mom came on Saturday and helped me run errands. We very nearly have everything we need I think. And Phil got pictures hung up in the nursery on Sunday. I've even washed some of their clothes. It's feeling more and more real. At this point, I'm just thankful for every week that they're still in the womb instead of out.
Actually, I think the best moment of the week was finding out that Phil's cousin still had her maternity swimming suit and it's so cute! So, me and CJ went to the pool on Wednesday. That was very fun!! (And I was so relieved not to spend money on a suit that wouldn't get all that much use).
Miss anything? My feet and ankles. Seriously, what in the world? They are so swollen. And I'm still missing being able to eat normally, without counting every carbohydrate that crosses my lips.
Loving: For a long time I would have said taking a shower, but now that's starting to wear me out. Now, I'm loving Freddy's frozen custard, nearly every night after my last blood sugar reading (if it was reasonable). Also, iced tea is a treat. And my blood sugar stayed within normal range even when adding just a bit of sugar.
Movement: Yes. Lots of alien-like things happening in my abdomen. CJ thinks it's creepy. I think it's fascinating.
Food cravings: I don't really get to enjoy the craving part of pregnancy, thanks to the gestational diabetes. But, we have so go-to places that have been proven not to raise my blood sugar. Those include McAlister's, Chipotle and last night, I even managed to eat at Jose Peppers (and indulged in chips and queso) and still got an acceptable reading. Yay for options.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've noticed a bit of queasiness creeping back in. It doesn't seem to be in response to anything in particular.
Gender: One of each.
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton-Hicks, but my doctor says that's completely normal at this point. We have also started weekly sonograms, so we'll see them again in just a few hours.
Symptoms: I am pretty much past the point of being comfortable. There's a reason people respond the way they do when they see me. I. am. big. I have cut back to working half days and thoroughly enjoy my afternoon naps.
Belly Button in or out? Depends on where the babies are. It's not ever really "in", but it's often flat. Until one of them moves.
Wedding rings on or off? Off for awhile and with the recent heat, I've been noticing more swelling in my hands.
Mood: My husband probably thinks I'm pretty miserable to live with at this point. I feel frustrated at how little help I can be. And I've had a headache for several days now which does not improve things.
Looking forward to: Seeing the babies this afternoon. We're taking CJ with us for the first time. He's not so sure about it, but I'm excited for him to experience it.
Next appointment: OB appointment - today, obviously. And we're now having weekly sonograms and doctor's visits.
No comments:
Post a Comment