Tuesday, January 07, 2014

5 months - WHAT?

What a month!  I started this post weeks ago and it's taken me too long to get back to it.  And now I don't really remember what happened when.  Ack.

Wyatt and Hattie discovered the cats this month.


Hattie spent a few days doing a lot of growling.  I was far too worried that she would never stop and then sad when she did.

At some point (I'm pretty sure it was this month), Hattie started sleeping in her crib full time.  We kept Wyatt in the rock 'n play though.  And we kept swaddling him, even though "they" say you're supposed to stop at four months.  


We celebrated Thanksgiving and hosted my family at our house and made a quick trip to Phil's parents the day of as well.  It was their first trip to the farm.  I have pictures but just a few.  


We endured yet another cold.  Ugh.  It showed up right after Thanksgiving.  


Mommy did almost all of her Christmas shopping online this year.  We got lots of boxes delivered to the front door.


We've continued to give Wyatt "extra-strength" formula.  


I'm not sure you can tell yet. 


We continue to get up to eat at night.  I thought sleep regression was supposed to be short-term.  Ours seems to be permanent.  


We no longer are faithful to the "one up, both up" method at night, mostly because we are forever optimistic that the one that isn't awake will decide it is their night to sleep all night long.  Instead, it's tag team, back again...every. single. night.


I found myself often overwhelmed with emotion as we prepared for Christmas.  For years, the holidays have been so very difficult as they served as a reminder of another year passing with no baby at our house.  When we adopted CJ, things obviously were easier, but the holidays were always a bit of a raw time for me.  I didn't quite know what to do with that this year.  I've realized that infertility has shaped far more of my life than I was conscious of.  It was so fun to have these two new little people to celebrate with, but I'm still learning to navigate life as an infertile with babies.  It's a strange place.


Strange but absolutely wonderful.  

No comments: