Thursday, January 09, 2014

Things I Didn't Understand

So, there are a number of things I didn't get before having Wyatt and Hattie.  I'll try to post them as they come to mind.  I hope no one reads any kind of judgement into them, though.  It mostly reveals my own short-sightedness.

So let's kick it off with this...When moms would mention having piles of laundry that needed folded and put away, I didn't get it.  Partly this is because I've long subscribed to the do a load a day plan.  And this meant completing the entire process.  So, we've never encountered this problem.  This is not to say my laundry doesn't end up in piles.  It was in piles, dirty ones.  Once it was clean, though, it got folded and put away.

Well, enter two little babies, and I suddenly have baskets full of clean laundry in need of folding and putting away.  And I can't figure out how to get them taken care of.  I actually usually manage to get it folded, but then it sits in their room sometimes for days, as I pull clothes out of it and eventually unfold about half the clothes in the process.  Ugh.  It seems the only time I have for putting away their clothes is when they're sleeping.  And then, they're sleeping in their room...where I need to put their clothes. So, the laundry sits in baskets.

I get it now.

No comments: