Last weekend, I spent a night away from the babies. Gasp. :) I joined three other dear friends for a fun girls weekend. We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel downtown, had a scrumptious dinner at Sabor, a delicious breakfast at Eggcetera and shopped and shopped at Bradley Fair. Phil and Chris and babies did great.
![]() |
| Phil sent me several pics while I was gone including this one of Hattie |
![]() |
| Good friends |
Then, this week has been full of fun stuff. I expected Monday to be a low key day at home, but my friend Les surprised me by coming over with her nine-year old twins. They played with Wyatt & Hattie (and washed bottles) while I ran to the grocery store. Then, my dad came that night to do a little Christmas shopping. We even ventured out to Olive Garden for dinner.
Also on Monday...Wyatt giggled. So stinkin' cute. There's nothing to see in the following video. My phone was facedown on the counter, but you can hear his sweet giggle. I've listened over and over.
Wednesday I met Corrie and her mom and Robin at Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then hung out at Corrie's for a bit after. We talked baby stuff the whole time. And I made another dinner that night (two new recipes - greek marinated chicken and lemony cucumber orzo) and another batch of gingerbread scones.
I was convinced on Thursday that it was Friday and a little bummed when I realized it wasn't. But, we had Hattie's PT appointment and then Katie came over and let me finish my book club book (and washed bottles...this is my new love language. Ha.) Book club was Thursday evening which is always one of my favorite nights.
This brings us to Friday. We're going to head to Phil's work here shortly for lunch. I'm just grateful for all the time with people this past week. It certainly fills my tank.


No comments:
Post a Comment