Friday, October 11, 2013

A Bump in the Road

The doctor thinks that both Wyatt and Hattie potentially have a cow's milk allergy, which was causing all the problems we were having in the pooping department.  Ugh.  I was so overwhelmed when we first heard the news and still am occasionally.  We have switched them both to a hypoallergenic formula (which smells absolutely horrible, by the way).  I am still pumping a few times a day, while we wait to find out if it is possibly something else (we should have test results next week).  So, for now, I am freezing all of my pumped milk and will decide once we know more whether or not to eliminate dairy completely from my diet.

It's amazing how much I just want them to be okay, to now have health issues or developmental delays.  I find myself faced with so very many opportunities to worry.  I am trying to learn to trust God instead...this is obviously an ongoing lesson in my life.  He has a plan for them, a better plan than mine.  And He cares for them more than I do.  (I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that one).

On Thursday, we got a call from the school nurse that CJ was having some vision problems.  So, off to the eye doctor we went.  She thinks it was an opthamalic migraine, but we got a call this morning requesting that we return so CJ can see a neuro-opthamalogist.  Ugh again.  More opportunities to worry.  And to trust.

This parenting stuff is hard.




No comments: