Wednesday, October 09, 2013

11 Weeks of Sweetness

We have the best babies. :)  I feel like they are just doing so well for their age.  They sleep good and eat good.  And poop good.  Maybe a little too good on the last one.

You know, we've had some harder days.  One in particular where they cried and so did I pretty much the whole day.  But, that has been the exception.  Or maybe I'm already forgetting how hard things once were.  These days we're continuing to settle in to our routine, and I'm actually able to get their bottles ready before they are screaming for them (that makes a huge difference).  I even know about when they should have a nap...still working on this one, though.  But, as of right now, they are both napping at the same time.  Yay.  I feel like we are doing really well, and I am not nearly as overwhelmed as I thought I would still be at this stage.  (But, throw in laundry, making meals, writing thank you notes, etc., and I do feel totally and completely overwhelmed...basically, caring of the babies seems doable, but that's about it. Ha.)

I'm continuing to pump.  I know that if I were to give this up, life would feel even more manageable, but I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel.  Wyatt's appetite has increased significantly in the last two weeks, so on most days, he is getting two bottles of formula now (out of six total).  I just can't keep up. Hattie takes all formula and is now always taking 4 oz at a feeding.  It is very rare that she doesn't finish her bottle.  She's an eating champ.

They are both making so many more noises.  It's just adorable.  Of course, anytime we try to record them, they stop.  I hope to capture it on video soon, because I desperately don't want to forget what they sounded like at this age.

I am a little concerned about Wyatt's lack of ability and desire (or so it seems) to hold his head up at all. We need to find out from the doctor what we can do to help him with this.

I'm also trying to figure out what it looks like to play with them and engage them.  I do feel a little overwhelmed by this.  I want to give both of them the stimulation that they need, but I don't really know how.  As they become more and more alert, I feel like they are needing more stimulation.

(Okay, I started this on Monday...and am now finishing).

We had Wyatt's weight check on Monday afternoon.  He is up to 9 lb 13 oz.  And we weighed Hattie just for fun, and she weighed in at 10 lb 6 oz.  The doctor was pleased with his weight gain and encouraged us to keep trying to tummy time to get him to lift his head.  He needs to be able to do so within the next couple of weeks.

Other things to note - they are both starting to blow tons of bubbles.  It's cute, but it soaks the front of their shirts.  It looks like I need to get out the bibs.  They are almost completely in their 3 month clothes now and out of newborn.  I cannot bring myself to pack all those cute onesies up just yet.  Finally, we are headed back to the doctor today to check them out for their recent pooping "problem".  They both have LOTS of dirty diapers everyday, so we're taking in a couple diapers to see if there's a concern.  Ugh.  It would sure be nice if they could slow down just a bit in this department.  :)



3 month clothes  from Aunt Shirley

Not a fan of the Bumbo

Getting swallowed by the Boppy

No comments: