Wyatt & Hattie turned three months old on October 22nd. I'm a little slow in posting any kind of update. We were right in the midst of the formula switch and still trying to figure out if it was the right thing for them. I've noticed that anytime I'm a little stressed, blogging goes right out the window.
I am continually overwhelmed with gratitude for these two (and for CJ). I am in awe of God's gifts to us.
At three months old, both babies are making all kinds of noises. Hattie opens her mouth and coos and tries to imitate noises that I make with my mouth. Sometimes she even initiates the noises, trying to get me to make them back to her. So adorable. Wyatt doesn't open his mouth much to make noise, but he still manages to make all kinds of sounds. His is more of a hum, I guess you'd say. Oh, and I almost forgot, they both blow bubbles like crazy. Hattie soaks every shirt and bib we put on her.
They still love their play mat, but their attention is more drawn to the toys above them than to kicking the piano keys now. They can both grab on to the toys, and Wyatt tries to get his feet up to toys so that he can kick them too. And they've found their hands. They are constantly moving their fingers and bringing their hands together. Wyatt loves to put his hand on his head and feel his hair...so adorable.
The swings are still a hit. Tummy time is hit or miss. We've started doing more tummy time on the boppies, which seem to make it easier for Wyatt to hold up his head. He is finally making progress on this front. Hattie is a pro and getting really good at head control.
They are so smiley and happy most of the time. Wyatt still has moments where it seems like he's in pain. We think it is usually gas pains, but it's hard to know. Both seem to be doing pretty well on the new formula, though I haven't had them weighed for awhile. One thing is for sure, Hattie is significantly bigger than Wyatt.
They are both eating the special formula now. We may have to take out a loan to pay for it. I'm only partially kidding. This stuff is liquid gold. Fortunately, Enfamil sent us 12 cans as part of their multiples program even though they had already sent us 12 cans of the other kinds we were using. Also, I did stop pumping once the test results came back negative, meaning that it is most likely the milk protein allergy. It definitely frees up my schedule a lot to have eliminated all the time spent on the pump, but I confess that sometimes I feel a little lost. The feeding/pumping schedule controlled my day before. Now, I definitely have more time to interact with the babies and to take care of things at home...but sometimes I just want to read my book.
What did we do during their third month of life? We took our first trip to the zoo with their cousins Harper and Hank. We celebrated Daddy's birthday...but not pictures of that. We went to more cross-country meets and baseball games. We even put them in the nursery at church...for part of a service. And we've continued to settle into a routine at home. Phil and I even left them with my mom and CJ for a quick trip to parent-teacher conferences...our first "date" since their arrival.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. But these pictures should make up for it.

1 comment:
They are so darling!!!
Post a Comment