Four months old! I can hardly believe it. Wyatt and Hattie are just so much fun these days. You'd still never know it by the pictures, but their smiles come easily now. Wyatt especially is a little flirt and knows how to use his eyebrows and his grin. That boy may be able to get whatever he wants. Hattie smiles so big her eyes nearly disappear. She is happy nearly all the time. Except when she's not. And then she's mad. In fact, both of them are starting to have more of an opinion about what they want to be doing. It was a little easier when they were just happy with whatever I chose. Ha.
Wyatt has rolled over several times from his tummy to his back. He's mostly done it when he's upset, but he's managed a couple times when he wasn't. The first time I had turned my back and was so surprised to find him on his back when I turned around.
Hattie is not yet interested in rolling over. We have taken her to two physical therapy appointments, because the doctor was concerned about a flat spot on her head. So, they have us stretching her neck and practicing rolling over. And doing lots of tummy time. Both babies are starting to tolerate the tummy time a little better.
Hattie is getting to be a little chunky monkey. But poor Wyatt is a little shrimp. We have their four month appointment tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about his weight. I'm hoping that he actually weighs more than we think.
What else did we do this last month? We took them to their second K-State game. They were little champs once again and slept all the way there and all the way home. Wyatt doesn't love all the noise at the game, but Hattie sure seems to. I think I may have one introvert and one extrovert.
We also had our baby dedication at church. I'll blog about that soon. It's on my list!
We celebrated Mommy's birthday. Daddy took the day off of work and gave Mommy a break from the babies. She had lunch with a friend and did some shopping. Then, Mommy and Daddy had their first real date.
We also celebrated Christopher's 14th birthday. Wow. How can that be?
Wyatt & Hattie have spent a couple full church services in the nursery, without being paged. That was a little weird for me the first time. They are doing great in the nursery. And both times when we've gone to pick them up, Hattie has been completely sacked out even though the nursery workers have said that babies rarely manage to sleep in there...way too crowded. She's out to prove them wrong apparently.
| We are done with these pictures, Mom! |
We are working on transitioning to the cribs. Hattie is spending full nights in her crib now. Wyatt has spent part of a night here and there but then ends up back in the Rock 'n Play for the remainder in our room. Both of them almost exclusively nap in their cribs as well. Crazy.
We definitely have had some sleep regression in the past month, which has been hard. And we've had some sleep successes as well. One night last week, Hattie slept for 11 hours uninterrupted...no paci replacement, no fussing. Hallelujah. Now if we could do that again. And if Wyatt could catch on. Mama is needing some sleep babies. We also have a lot more fussing at nap time. I used to be able to lay them down and they'd go to sleep. Easy as that. I thought we had it made. We don't have it made anymore. But, we're working on it. I'm so thankful for the days that they sleep even for just a bit at the same time.
They still love to blow bubbles and Hattie can make the "motor boat" noise like a champ. I think she might speak dolphin some day. Wyatt's talking sounds a little screechy (think of the velociraptor on Jurrasic Park). I'm not sure how else to describe it. And when he gets going, he will just talk up a storm. I've started to notice, though, that that's a good indication he is getting tired.
Hattie has moved in to size 2 diapers...after repeated blowout in the size 1. And we're starting to move into 3-6 month clothes for her. Not for Wy though. He could probably still wear some newborn stuff. But it appears Wyatt may be about to get two teeth! It's so funny how one baby does one thing while the other is doing something else development-wise.
That's kind of a random update. Phil has been helping me remember things from this past month as I've typed. We are still so in love and so very thankful for the three gifts God has given us. I'll update with their 4-month stats tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment