At two months, they are both smiling and talking and cooing and interacting with us so much. They love to play on their playmat and like to make faces and smile at the baby in the mirror. It's beyond cute. Both are getting a lot more control over their heads. Hattie holds her head up quite a bit and is probably about ready to try out the Bumbo. Wyatt isn't quite there yet.
We are starting to figure out a bit more of a schedule. They eat every 2-3 hours during the day. Hattie eats 4 oz of formula at almost every feeding and Wyatt eats 2.5-3 oz of pumped breast milk, with about one bottle of formula a day. It's still anybody's guess as to which feedings will be followed by a nap and which won't.
The celebrated their 2-month birthday by going 9 hours between feedings!! We fed them last night at 8:30, and they didn't get up until 5:30 this morning. This mama was freaking out a little. In fact, I got up and pumped at 4:20, because I was sure they would be up any minute. And, then I laid awake until they finally woke up. The night before they had gone 8 hours, so I really didn't expect them to do even better. It's often seemed that when they have a good long night like that, they follow it up with needing to eat more often. So, we were very pleasantly surprised last night! Now, if mom and dad could just get themselves into bed a little more quickly, we would have a happier household (we are definitely feeling the lack of sleep around here).
We did lots of fun stuff this past week. I ventured out to the grocery store by myself with the babies. We were quite a sight, with me pushing the stroller and pulling a grocery cart. Everyone in the store wanted to get a look at the babies. Another day, we went and did a little shopping. I stopped at McAlister's for a sweet tea and carried both babies in in their seats. However, getting two babies and the tea back to the car was a bit of a challenge. Then, we went to Old Navy and Carter's. And then mommy was tired from loading and unloading babies.
We went to CJ's cross-country meet at Lake Afton. And then on Friday, we went to the halftime show at the high school football game where CJ was marching. Wyatt & Hattie are going to get to go lots of places thanks to their big brother.
Now, how about some 2-month pictures...I couldn't choose, so prepare for photo overload.


1 comment:
So glad you commented and I could find your blog! Your babies are adorable!! So cool that we have similar situations. Isn't the first night of full sleep awesome!!! Looking forward to catching up on your blog!!
Post a Comment