I am hoping that they start sleeping for longer stretches at night more consistently. We are still trying to figure out the best evening schedule for them. They prefer to take their last feeding between 7 and 8, but we are trying to add another feeding after that in hopes of getting a little more sleep ourselves. I think we need to keep trying, but so far, it hasn't seemed to help all that much. I think we are ready to start working on more of a schedule during the day as well, but it feels so overwhelming. I honestly find it easier at this point to just feed them when they want to eat and let them sleep when they want to sleep. And, if we need to leave the house, we just do it as soon as they've both eaten, and that usually works.
I think we purchased our last box of newborn diapers. I can't believe it. And there are some of their newborn clothes that are getting awfully snug. When they were first born, I so wanted them to stay little and dreaded the day we packed up their newborn things. While I'm still a little sad about it, I love seeing them grow and change. It's all more wonderful than I ever imagined.
This last week they started taking their baths in the tub instead of the sink. And they both seem to really like it. We are hoping to incorporate that into our evening routine. A bath, some stories, a bottle and then sleep...like all night. ;)
We did some big things this past week. First, I turned in my resignation, so that I can stay home with these two precious babes. It was an emotional decision. I knew there was no other option. I could not leave them all day, but I was still sad to leave my job. I like going to work everyday and I couldn't have asked for a better job and boss. I am so thankful. On Friday, we went to the courthouse for a reception for me and the babies. Everyone was excited to meet Wyatt & Hattie!
| With Judge Brown |
![]() |
| Check out my socks |
| Too bad she pooped all over her purple right after this |
FAMILY
at Bill Snyder Family Stadium
They seem to be mostly over their colds. Both have a little congestion in the mornings and evenings, but overall they seem so much better. I'm so thankful to have that behind us!
A couple funnies from this last week...One morning I thought I was petting my cat. After about thirty seconds, I realized I was actually patting him, trying to get him to burp. A few days later, Christopher referred to the same cat as "Sissy". Poor kitty.
![]() |
| This one is just 'cause I'm cute |






1 comment:
oh my goodnes! such good little k-state fans already, love it! that's so awesome that you took them. they are precious!
also, now i'm curious what you did at the courthouse. my husband is an attorney :) i wonder if you've crossed paths with him at some point. such a small world our little town.
Post a Comment