And we've made it to another milestone...36 weeks. I cannot believe we only have two weeks to go.
So, how about an update?
How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 38 pounds
Maternity clothes? Undeniably.
Stretch marks? I continue to expect more to appear, but there's still just one (as far as I can tell).
Sleep: It seems that nothing has really changed since my last update. Still sleeping a couple hours at a time. Still having nights where I can't go back to sleep after one of my trips to the bathroom. Sometimes waking up VERY hungry.
Best moment this week: Knowing that we've made it to 36 weeks. There's a lot of relief passing that milestone. We also keep checking things off the list. We've done all of our registry completion, so we should hopefully have most of what we need. And there's just a couple more projects in the nursery (curtains/bookshelves). We've also started packing the hospital bag and talked about what the plan is for going to the hospital/getting CJ to the hospital.
Miss anything? Being able to walk at a normal speed, bending over, not having to ask for help for every little thing, my cute summer sandals, iced caramel machiattos, Dr. Pepper, chips & salsa, (really nothing that important).
Loving: Feeling the babies move, hiccup, kick box, or whatever they're doing in there, the thought of only checking my blood sugar four times a day for two more weeks, trying to love the crazy comments (Girl, you big!) I get every day at the courthouse.
Movement: Yes. I wish I knew what these body parts are that are constantly sticking out of my stomach.
Food cravings: Since gestational diabetes has robbed my of this joy of pregnancy, I've started a list of things I would like to eat one I'm on a less restricted diet (though my endocrinologist has warned me that I should really stick to the same diet post-pregnancy. Ugh). Currently on the list...chocolate milk, Panera's mac-n-cheese, biscuits and gravy...I know there's more.
Anything making you queasy or sick: After I eat, I am sometimes a little nauseated. Also, I have to burp A LOT. And I have to be sitting straight up to do so. It's rather uncomfortable. And I won't miss it.
Gender: One of each.
Labor Signs: Still having Braxton-Hicks, nothing else going on. The doctor has checked my cervix the last two visits and there's been no progress.
Symptoms: I have days/times during the day that I feel pretty good and others where I just don't. But, I'm thankful to still be working and able to still go out into public. The only time I wish I were on bedrest is when I first wake up in the morning. My shower wears me out. Other symptoms - some heartburn, awful carpal tunnel in my hands, leg cramps at night, fatigue, thirst, so much swelling in my feet and ankles.
Belly Button in or out? Depends on where the babies are. It's not ever really "in", but it's often flat. Until one of them moves. Same as last time.
Wedding rings on or off? Off for awhile and with the recent heat, I've been noticing more swelling in my hands and my knuckles are very tender thanks to the carpal tunnel.
Mood: I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed and still sometimes can't believe we'll be bringing home babies in a matter of weeks. I'd like to enjoy these last days being pregnant. It will all be over soon enough.
Looking forward to: Meeting these babies.
Next appointment: OB appointment - on Wednesday this week, since my doctor was on call over the weekend. It feels like a much longer wait...2 whole days, since we've been having all our appointments on Mondays.
No comments:
Post a Comment