Well, I didn't pass my first OR second glucose test, so I officially have gestational diabetes. So far, I'm just monitoring my blood sugar and being very careful about what I eat. I return to the endocrinologist this week to find out if I need to start insulin. Thankfully, my blood sugar has always been within the limits, so I'm hopeful that I can avoid insulin for now. (And will be avoiding Chick-fil-a as well, since the one night we tried that, my blood sugar was one point from going over the limit!)
I'm learning just how much I enjoy and depend on food as a treat, especially after a long day. It's been hard to give that up. But, it is short-term and definitely worth it!
We had a sonogram at 28 weeks. Babies looked great. Baby boy has an estimated weight of 3lb4oz and baby girl 3lb1oz. That means I have almost 6 1/2 pounds of baby in there. No wonder I get constant comments about my size and how I must be about to pop. People are shocked when I tell them I have two more months. And shocked when I tell them there are two babies.
My doctor indicated that he thinks these babies will come early, given their size and mine. (My belly was measuring 37 cm, so about 9 weeks ahead of what a singleton pregnancy would).
We had our baby shower this past Saturday. It still feels surreal, and it's already happened and the gifts are sitting in my living room. Yet, I almost can't grasp that it actually happened. The girls from my group did a lovely job hosting the shower. It was so fun, but I wish there had been time to connect with everyone there. I felt so scattered. One thing that was important to me was sharing our story of infertility, loss and now pregnancy. I cried through the whole thing, of course, and I hope it was good for people to hear. Regardless, it was good for me to remember.
My mom is painting the nursery today. I can't wait to see the progress. And I'm anxious to start putting things away in there. I should take pictures...I say that every time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment