Monday, April 29, 2013

26 weeks

And we just keep on truckin'.  I'm 26 weeks today.  12 weeks to go.  That does not sound like nearly long enough to accomplish all that needs to be done. 

But, we do have cribs and we have car seats.  That's some serious progress.  And, we can fit both car seats in the back of my vehicle, along with a third person.  It won't be the most comfortable ride, but it is doable.  We'd like to wait as long as we can to move up to something larger. 

We're (hopefully) having our ceilings redone this week, and then we can actually get to work on the nursery.  The plan, right now, is to paint the walls white and paint yellow stripes on the ceiling.  We need to redo the closet shelving as well and I'm thinking we'll take off the closet doors.  At this point, though, I've not found any curtains that I like.  Surely those can wait.

So, I've never done a weekly update of any kind, but, as always, I wish I were keeping better track of this.  So, here goes the first survey...

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain: 31 pounds (yikes)

Maternity clothes? Without a doubt.  And I'm starting to outgrow some of the ones I bought in the beginning.

Stretch marks? I think I may have one right above my belly button. 

Sleep: I always thought I slept on my side all night long, but now that I'm trying to sleep on my side, I wake up on my back A LOT.  And, that is definitely the most comfortable position for me.  Ugh, but I'm doing my best to keep rolling back to my side.  I have a Snoogle to help with this, but it's definitely a love-hate relationship.  I often throw it out of the bed before morning.
Best moment this week: When I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday, I was in the elevator with an older gentleman.  He asked how much longer and when I told him three more months, he said, "Don't wish this time away.  You will never look more beautiful than you do right now."  Awww, so sweet after all the negative comments I've received in the elevator at work. 
Miss anything? Sleeping through the night, running, having any energy whatsoever.
Movement: Yes.  These two are pretty active, as far as I can tell. 
Food cravings: I've not really had much in the way of cravings my entire pregnancy, although I am prone to suggestion.  So, if someone starts talking about something delicious, I usually need to eat that sometime in the very near future. The one thing that always sounds good is sweet tea with lemon.  I think my taste buds are tired of water.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender: One of each.  Still can't believe it.

Labor Signs: I hope not, but sometimes when I get up to go to the bathroom at night, my stomach is hard as a rock, so very tight.  Not sure if these are Braxton Hicks contractions or what.

Symptoms: My tailbone hurts all. the. time.  Fatigue, insomnia (somehow I think these two may be related. Ha), seems like there are others...Oh right, swelling in my feet.  I'm going to need new shoes.
Belly Button in or out? Pretty close to out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off as of yesterday.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Often I find myself still in denial.  It's so hard to grasp that these babies will come home with us.  It's amazing how hard it is to overcome the mindset of infertility/loss of expecting to be disappointed.  I need to start coming to grips with reality though, or I'm afraid the transition to having babies at home may be very difficult. 

Looking forward to: Having the ceilings finished, so that we can move forward with the nursery. 
Next appointment: OB appointment - tomorrow, April 30th.  I will have my glucose test...sure hope I pass.   I should post a picture...but my phone battery is almost dead.  One of these days...

No comments: