Thursday, May 03, 2007

Energy

We recently moved across several states, started new jobs, bought our first house and are now attempting to get settled into some kind of normalcy in this new place. During this time, we have been "taking a break" from any kind of infertility treatment. I have not even looked for, much less found, a doctor in this new city as of yet. When people (friends and new acquaintances) have inquired about where we're at with pursuing treatment, I have not quite known how to justify our much-needed break. I often wonder if they think that we must not actually want children that badly, if we are able to put any kind of treatment on hold. Today (again, after seven months of considering this), I realized why we have not been able to pursue any treatment. I just do not have the energy to throw behind this struggle. Too many other things consume my time, thoughts, heart and, definitely, my energy. And, this infertility struggle takes a lot of energy. I need to have a surplus, not a deficit to enter the fight again. I can not go in with my reserves so low. That is why even my thoughts are not consumed with it at this point, there is simply no room in the midst of all the transitions. If nothing else, my struggle (and sometimes, lack thereof) makes more sense to me now!

No comments: