Monday, April 23, 2007

Loving Kids

Ever since my husband and I married, I have loved spending time with other peoples' children. And, amazingly, a lot of our friends' children have loved me back. The last couple of years, though, as we have entered more fully into this struggle with infertility, I have pulled away from children as a whole, scared that being with them would make me ache for my own, afraid that it might hurt too much. Yesterday, I realized that I have been missing out on this beautiful way that God has allowed me to interact with children in the past and to have an influence on their lives. Because I am so scared of the part that might hurt, I have missed out on the joy and the love that God can show me through the life of our friends' kids. I think that the pain might be worth it. Too often I think that it is not and so hide from any potentially hard situation. I don't want to keep hiding and missing out on the fullness and abundance that God has for me.

No comments: