Yesterday was a very hard day. Both babies were inconsolable for large portions of the day, and almost always at the exact same time. It is hard for me to know what they need and even harder to know whose needs to meet first. Of course, once Phil got home, we didn't hear another peep from them. And, while at some level, that's infuriating, at a much more important one, I am so thankful.
I'm thankful for a new day today, and we are already off to a better start. One "key" to a successful day with multiples (as far as I can tell right now) - Mommy needs to eat a good breakfast. Even if it means dirty dishes and more time than it takes to open a granola bar. Yesterday I didn't eat much of anything until dinner, and I was starving, cranky and had a headache. It is important for everyone that I eat something real in the morning. (Even if it means leaving the dishes for Phil to clean up later). And if the day goes poorly, and I'm not able to grab lunch, at least I will have something in my stomach.
Hopefully, there will be more keys to success in the future as we figure them out. But, today I wanted to get down what I learned. I will surely forget.
How about a picture of my two beautiful babies...
1 comment:
oh my goodness, they are so precious. i'm so happy for you. and this gives me hope! so much hope. huge congrats. they are just beautiful.
Post a Comment